Judo is one of the most popular martial arts in the world, utilizing throws or grappling moves to overcome an opponent. Also known as the “The Gentle Way”, Judo was founded by Jigoro Kano in 1882 and was developed as a non-striking technique evolved from the Samurai’s Jujitsu of ancient Japan. The Judoka, or judo practitioner, focuses on using the body to subdue opponents using throws, takedowns, and other immobilization techniques.
As an official sport recognized by the Summer Olympics since 1968, Judo is popular amongst youth and adults alike. Providing a new perspective of control of your body, the grappling art brings physiological awareness, maximizing your body through efficient use of techniques. Training offers improved physical fitness and unmatched discipline.
There are two guiding principles to Judo:
- Seiryoku Zenyō: Maximum efficiency with minimum effort
- Jita Kyōei: Mutual welfare and benefit
The Elite Martial Arts is one of the top Judo schools in Alberta and in Canada for many reasons:
- As one of the highest ranking Judo instructors in Alberta, Professor Rodrigo Resende is a 4th degree black belt in Judo and national champion, with 23 years of practice and 11 years of teaching experience
- Our team of Judo and BJJ black belt instructors are experienced national competitors that want you and your family to succeed
- Training is hosted in the largest Judo facility in Canada
- Membership includes unlimited access to all martial arts classes (BJJ, Judo, and Self Defense) and a weightlifting gym – for one low monthly cost.
Your membership includes access to all of our martial arts programs, including:
- Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Programs
- Self Defense Programs